Social media information and standards
What we expect of you
- Please respect the confidentiality of county council employees. Do not refer to them in a public social media post by name, publish personal information about them, or use their photographs without their permission.
- Please do not comment or reply with any sort of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexuality, sex, gender, age or disability.
- Please do not repeatedly contact us on social media about the same issue. We will do everything we can to help you with your enquiry, point you in the direction of the correct channel you need in order to raise your issue, or pass your comments on to the relevant team, sending us multiple messages about the same enquiry increases workload and prevents us from responding to others as efficiently as needed.
- Please do not share too much personal information with us either in your posts or through direct messaging. Any issues which require you to provide personal information should be emailed to us via our online enquiry form.
- Please do not use GCC imagery without permission.
- Please do not spread disinformation or misinformation including anti-vaxxer, QAnon, 9/11 conspiracy messaging.
- Please do not direct messages at us which:
- Are abusive and/or obscene
- Violate any laws or regulations
- Violate our intellectual property rights
- Persistently mention us in a negative and/or abusive context, with the aim of provoking a response
Our account moderators will decide if any comments break these guidelines and will hide or delete any comments that do. We reserve the right to block any users who do not follow our guidelines and to alert the social media platform and / or the police. Where relevant, we will limit the public reply and comment functions on some posts. In a very small minority of cases contact may be assessed as being unacceptable and in these cases we would apply our Unacceptable Customer Behaviour Policy.